Thursday, February 5, 2009

Date Night

With Jim working nights and with Sunday and Monday nights as his nights off, we don't get very much "us"time. Well, this Monday we decided to have a date night with just the two of us. I was so excited to spend time with Jim so I called the best babysitter in the world, Becky Slinker, and asked if her and her boyfriend would like to watch Isaac for a couple of hours. When the day came for the date, Isaac was really excited to hang out with Becky. He calls her "My Becky." Steve, Becky's boyfriend, has stiff competition with Isaac.

Jim and I weren't sure what we wanted to do since it was freezing so we played it by ear. We went to dinner at Happy Sumo's which was VERY kind of Jim since this place wasn't his first, second or third choice. I guess he figured that if he satisfied his prego wife's craving, the date would go better. After dinner we thought we might want to see a movie so we drove to two theatres in the area and decided there wasn't anything we wanted to see. So we ended up going to Circuit City to see their sales since they were going out of business, walked around the mall and then went to the grocery store. What a date, huh? I told Jim that we are pathetic. I can't believe that we paid someone so we could walk around a grocery store. To say the least, we still had a nice time with each other.

5 comments:

Romulo & Lydia said...

I find that our date nights are based around the grocery store, the mall, and errands too! Why is that? Am I to cheap to go see a movie that costs us $20.50 and that's not including the popcorn & drink? We need to spice date nights up a litte huh?

Danielle said...

We did something like that once too-- couldn't think of anything to do but we were so excited to be away from the kids we just wandered. Next time just go find a nice lookout somewhere and make out. jk. Sort of. ;)

Dena said...

So funny. But atleast you got time together! Love the new layout. Smartie!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Brandon and I used to visit Happy Sumo all the time. We really liked that spot. Jim's a good husband to go despite it not being in his top 3. That's love!!! Plus, you're pregnant so you're vote really counts for two. I'm in desperate need of a date. The other night I was seriously talking with Brandon about taking a "sleeping cruise" after he graduates. I've heard of fertility cruises where couples go to try and get pregnant. I'm down with a cruise that caters to my sleep needs. I'm thinking eat,sleep, massage, sleep, swim, sleep, eat, sleep....something like that! I'M SO TIRED! Get ready...when baby #2 arrives....no dates for you!!!

Danika said...

It's still a date if you spend time together and I think it's awesome you made it out to dinner! You're not lame at all!!! If you took Isaac with you and walked around the grocery store that would have been a lame date for sure.