Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Girl's Night Out




This months Girl's Night Out was a bit daring for us old Moms. We decided to go to the midnight showing of New Moon. What were we thinking? Well, we arrived in line around 930 and treated ourselves to some Starbucks hot chocolate and a Crumb's cupcake. After a couple of hours of waiting in line and socializing we went into the theatre and were trying to stay awake to view New Moon. I was a bit peeved when the clocked turned 12:07 and the movie workers decided to do a Twilight trivia game and hand out prizes. I would have been all for it BEFORE midnight! It would have been appropriate to start the trivia game at 11:30pm and start the movie at 12:01am when it was scheduled to start. To add more insult to injury, there was an annoying worker that kept yelling for everyone to stop talking and be quiet. Again, I think they would have had full participation of the audience if they started BEFORE the time the show was supposed to start. So one that was all over, the previews started at 12:26am. I soon forgot about how annoyed and tired I was soon after the movie started. It was SO much better than Twilight. I thought the effects were better and so was the acting, not to mention the the ending. I think the ending was genius!! I can't wait for Eclipse to come out in June. I wouldn't mind seeing New Moon again actually. Even though the movie started late and wee have to travel 20 minutes to a theatre, it was well worth it to get home in bed at 3:45am. I had a great night: fantastic movie with fabulous company.

2 comments:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Dang...that's a late night! A couple friends of mine did the midnight show here opening night, but I value my sleep way too much. So...I just saw it this past week with our little movie night group that meets every Tuesday night. I definately loved the movie, much more than Twilight and must say...I'm a Jacob girl all the way. I'm also probably the only person I know who loved reading New Moon. Just waiting for the tent scene in the next movie! That's right...Jacob heating her up! Why is it that I felt half my age just watching this movie? Do I seriously have problems? I think so.

The Wuehler Wireless said...

I loved reading New Moon too and I would love to be Emma if I had to cuddle up to those abs to keep me warm.