Sunday, January 15, 2012

Winter Fun

 Since we have had an unconventional "warm" winter, I thought we should capitalize on it and have some fun. We took the kids swimming in one of the pools at where I work, Harbor Athletic Club, and they thought it was great. We went in the warm pool which is a salt water pool and is heated to 95*. It feels like a bathtub.






 We also had a couple of days where the weather got into the low 50's so we thought it was perfect weather to head to a park to run around. The kids fell in love with a dog that was there and the owner was so kind to the kids. She let them feed the dog treats, pet him and walk him around the park on the leash. Elizabeth was overcome with tears when she had to say goodbye to the dog when it was time to leave.





 After the nice weather, we finally got snow and winter hit Wisconsin. I ended up shoveling the driveway and the sidewalk 3 times during that storm and it sure was cold. The whole time I was shoveling I was cursing Jim in my head since he didn't show me how to use our snow blower before he left for New York. The kids were thrilled to see snow. I had to walk to Isaac's school to pick him up since our van was in the shop and he was excited to walk home in the. Well, that excitement was short lived because after we crossed the street to head home, he was already complaining that the snow was hurting his face. It was windy with the snow blowing in sideways which made it feel like sand was hitting your face. The amount of snow that we got in that one day was about as much as we would get in UT for the winter. The locals told me that I was lucky that Jim was gone during this storm because it was a "lite" snow.


No comments: