Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July

 We kept things pretty simple this 4th of July since I just wasn't up to doing to much. We went to Lakeview Park in Middleton where our ward has a breakfast together. The kids had fun playing in the splash pad and the park. William was the most fun to watch at the splash pad since he is just now old enough to explore.

I laughed so hard when he would be walking and all of a sudden one of the fountains would spring to life in front of him and he would get squirted in the face and then run away. He would often do a crouching walk very slowly up to a fountain and try to drink the water too.

Isaac had the most fun playing ultimate frisbee with the older kids and kicking the soccer ball with his friend, Logan, who is 16. I just enjoyed being outside absorbing some vitamin d, talking with friends and watching Jim and the kids having fun.

After the park we dropped the kids off at home and Jim and I went back out to find me some shorts to wear since I don't want to wear maternity shorts all summer but I am still way too fat for my "fat clothes." Since we weren't successful in that department, we went and bought some fun things for Elizabeth's birthday party.
 Enjoying the warm weather, we turned down an invitation to a dinner and fireworks get together for a quiet bbq of hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken at home. Once our bellies were full, we left the kids with Jim's mom, Jeanne, and Jim and I went on a date to see White House Down.

I did miss doing the fun celebrations that the 4th brings out, but it was also nice to just enjoy a quiet day with family and then return home and watch the fireflies twinkle in the night as the booms from neighbor's fireworks goes off.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V-What a roller coaster ride! I actually knew someone who had thyroid cancer when she was pregnant too! Apparently, it's usually pretty treatable, thank goodness! I'm so glad you ok and congrats on sweet little Ezra. I know I haven't commented in forev's, but I still keep on your blog to see you and your family. Hope you're adjusting well to #4. Hugs!