Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving:What I am thankful for

Before I go on about what I am thankful for, I would first like to start off by announcing what I am NOT grateful for. I am so not grateful for computer viruses that affect your hard drive so you can no longer upload pictures, videos or use the Internet. I am not grateful for the price of gas and the fact that the government isn't doing a dang thing about it nor am I grateful for rude, inconsiderate people that feel like they are the center of the universe and that I need to bow down for them and wipe their butt.

OK, now what AM I grateful for? I am so grateful for my husband and son. God gave me the greatest gift when they came into my life. I am also grateful for the rest of my family, in-laws included. With out family, what is the purpose of living? I am grateful that I live in a country where even though I live below the poverty line, but I am much richer than people in other countries since I have heat, electricity and water. I am also grateful for all the men and women who serve this country admirably, putting their families on hold to protect mine. Lastly, I am truly grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ and his willingness to die for us so that our sins can be forgiven. With out that sacrifice, we would never be able to live with our Heavenly Father again.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and ponders what they are thankful for. It is amazing when you sit down and actually think about it, how much you can come up with.

No comments: