Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How Sweet is the Fruit

I love this picture because it shows the grape juice coming out of Isaac's mouth.



I took the kids today to our friend's property to pick some veggies but mostly to pick some grapes and apples. Of course, the kids had a blast! As we walked up to the grape vines, their sweet smell instantly drew the kids and their sticky little fingers to them. It was only a matter of seconds before they were eating them off the vine. Once the grapes got boring to pick they meandered over to the raspberry patch and started eating them as well. By this time their face was purple and pink from all the juices. Lastly, they helped pick two huge buckets of apples. They were sad to go so I think once Jim and I do buy a home, we need to have some fruit trees/vines/patches for the kids to just sit in and eat.
I brought our goods home and canned 4 gallons of fresh grape juice and tomorrow I will start the slow process of making and then canning the fresh apple juice. I think with the left over meat of the apples, I will make un-sweetened applesauce that I can use for cooking since I already have a few gallons of canned sweetened applesauce. I just hope that we will be able to pick some more goodies at least 1 more time before this baby is born. I love watching the kids run around and eat the fresh fruit like they have died and gone to Heaven.


a

Eating raspberries


Look at what we picked!
Picking raspberries