Sunday, November 27, 2011

Surprise!

 A day after Jim's mom left after being here for 4 weeks, Ryan and Robert flew into Chicago for a week visit. I was supposed to go with Jim and the kids to Chicago to have a fun overnight and pick up Ryan and Robert but I opted for William and I to stay home and just relax.


The kids were very excited to have them here and play the wii and restaurant among many other imaginary games. I was busy cooking in the kitchen for what felt like most of their visit. I think it was the highlight of Ryan's trip to have a home cooked meal every day.




 On Thanksgiving morning, we were all in the living room watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on our new tv when out of the corner of my eye, I notice someone in my backyard. I do a double take and realize it was my parents faces that were pressed against our back sliding door! They came and surprised all of us except for Jim, the secret keeper, for a quick Thanksgiving trip. We were all very excited and I was also thrilled to have some more help in the kitchen and around the house.






 Elizabeth LOVES to go shopping at Costco and always tells my Dad that she wants to go "shopping" with him. Well, on Saturday we went "shopping" and scored some awesome stuff. First we bought 2 turkeys to put in our deep freeze since they were only $.49 lb. We can't wait to eat them throughout this year. We also bought our 8ft real Christmas tree for only $30! Yup, only $30! It was such a bargain and it isn't even a Charlie Brown tree! Of course my parents bought some more gifts for all of us before our shopping came to an end and we headed home.






At home the kids were so excited to decorate the house and the Christmas tree and I think that my parents were thrilled to be there to help. It was nice to have them here and share a part of our Christmas decorating since it will be the first Christmas that we have not gone home to visit family. Their visit was short and quick but I am glad that they were able to come and visit and suck up the kids sweet sugar.
BTW- If anyone knows of a site that I can put a free slideshow together for pictures on my blog, please let me know. My other slideshow site is no longer available and I don't like posting this many pictures.




2 comments:

Romulo & Lydia said...

sounds like a fun time! glad your parents came for the surprise!

Jenna Rabe said...

So fun that your mom and dad were able to come out! Looks like you guys had a blast!