Friday, November 11, 2011

William Jon Wuehler

 On November 9th at 11 am I went to St Mary's Hospital to be induced since I was a week past my due date. On November 10th at 6:35am William Jon Wuehler made his entrance into the world weighing 8lbs 11oz and measuring 20 inches long. He is the biggest baby I have delivered in both length and in weight and he looks identical to Isaac when Isaac was born.

The kids came and visited a couple hours after he was born and Isaac couldn't get enough of William which doesn't surprise me. He loved holding him and kissing him and I loved hearing Isaac tell William that he was going to watch Star Wars with him and teach him how to play the wii and with his cars. Elizabeth on the other hand is a bit unsure of him. This doesn't surprise me either.  She held him for a minute and gave him a kiss but was done after that. She enjoyed watching him more from a distance and preferred cuddle time with Mom or Dad.
 I am exhausted but that is to be expected. All of the nurses and the doctors here have been AWESOME and I was able to finally have a birth where I got to choose 100% of everything that happened and have everything 100% on my terms. It was wonderful! Now William and I are enjoying our time together before we return to the circus we call home on Saturday.

6 comments:

thenaptimebaker said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! I'm glad you are all doing well!

-Serene

Danika said...

Glad to hear recovery is going well. Welcome to the world William! Can't wait to see you on Saturday :)

Danelle said...

You beat me to a baby blog post! Congrats! He's adorable and has your family stamp for sure!

Danielle said...

Oh, that pouty little face is too adorable!! What a cutie. Good job, mama! Hope you're able to get lots of rest.

Katie and Joel said...

Congrats!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

He's so cute Vanessa! I am so so happy that the delivery went just as you wanted it to. Wish i was there to help out and hold him. I miss you and your family so much. I will call soon. Been thinking of you a lot, just wanting you to have time to get somewhat settled. Love you!