Saturday, August 4, 2012

Missed These from week 5? 6?

As a late Father's Day gift, I booked a food tour for my Dad and I for North Beach in San Francisco. It was a cool day and we were ill prepared so we had to buy some sweatshirts for our day. We had a great time walking through North Beach hearing the history and of places and eating a TON of yummy food. Our tour guide was a complete radical leftist whose views and commentary were a bit eclectic but it just added to the fun of the day. I really enjoyed being behind the scenes of a bakery and seeing how they still use the 100 year old oven. I think my Dad enjoyed seeing how coffee beans are roasted. I had a great time and hopefully next time I am in town we can do a food tour of China Town.




The following day we were back in San Francisco to participate in the Color Run. I will do this run every year if can. They have them all over the country. It is a totally laid back, fun 5k. The thrill of it is starting clean and ending up dirty with paint. At the end of the race there are Dj's to dance to as well. 




No comments: