Sunday, December 13, 2009

So Much

So I realized that I had a bunch of stuff on my camera and I needed to upload it all so I have room when we go visit family for Christmas. So lucky you, I decided to do one more blog post before we leave for the holidays.

This week was a busy week for us. On Wednesday we had our Relief Society Christmas Dinner. It was nice to go hang out with other women in my ward while Jim stayed home with the kids. The dinner was a really nice "candle light" dinner served in the RS room on china with china goblets. There was a Christmas reading, caroling and a ton of visiting all among great food.
On Thursday was our monthly girl's night and we decided to keep it low key and just hung out at the Coffee Bean and Crumb's Bakery.

Friday was our ward Christmas dinner and neither Jim nor I have ever been to a ward party quite like this one. We felt like we were at a holiday themed wedding reception. As you can see from the picture, the tables were decorated very nicely and all around the gym were lights, trees and other decorations. Beverages of choice were Martinelli's and San Pellegrino. We had a 5 course dinner that the Priesthood, that's right, the men put together with the help of a professional chef. I choose the salmon while Jim chose the roast as our main courses. I absolutely loved the hors' dourves! Delicious hummus with pita chips, seafood spread with mini baguettes, and array of hard and soft cheeses along with different crackers and one yummy tapenade. The youth of the ward dressed up in black pants , black ties, white shirts and white aprons to take our order and serve us. It was quite a delight. After the dinner was served, the lights dimmed, people loosened up and the music was cranked up for some fun dancing. Everyone had a great time dancing, especially the kids. One of the highlights was a young boy, maybe around 7, took the mic and sang "I gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas. In the video, if you listen carefully,you can hear him singing. He knew every single word and grabbed the attention of every single person in the room.

Isaac finally had to learn how to share the jogging stroller/bike caddy with Elizabeth. I think they were really cozy and for the most part enjoyed being in there together while Jim and I went for a jog.

I took Isaac to Disneyland for a Mommy and Isaac date a week ago. Bad Idea!!! Isaac was is such a foul mood. It was AWFUL!! I would have just taken him home if I knew that I wouldn't be sitting in traffic for 3 hours. We did have a few fun and tender moments but for the most part, it was a disaster! We tried again yesterday with another Mommy and Isaac date at the movies to go see The Princess and the Frog. We both enjoyed the movie and enjoyed each other's company. So much better than the day at Disneyland.



Isaac wanted to take silly pictures of the three of us one afternoon.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

hey u guys! we miss u! soak up the so cal sun for me and send me some love!!! one day well come out to see u... one day! ur kids are so cute! im glad to see ur all doing well!