Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'll Be There for You

Yup, that's right. Julie and I are in "Central Perk" for all of you Friends fans out there. I was in HEAVEN! I could have stayed there all day but unfortunately we weren't allowed to. Julie and I had some time to kill on Monday morning when we were waiting to get into the Ellen Show and so we decided to take a tour of the Warner Brothers back lot. It was a great tour and we saw a ton of sets and props from old and current TV shows and movies. During the 2 1/2 hour tour one of the stops we stopped at was the only set left of the Friends TV show. I loved walking around and looking at everything and being able to sit in the seats and take pictures. One thing that i didn't realize was how small the set is. It is tiny but looks so big on TV due to the different camera angles. The whole tim eI was in there, I kept singing the theme song "I'll be there for you"...

Another highlight of the tour for me was the second floor of the museum. We weren't able to bring in our cameras but I really wanted to. The whole second floor was dedicated to Harry Potter. There were costumes, props and designs for all the films represented. I loved looking at he detail in the costumes and in the props not to mention that the sorting hat was there and I wanted to see what house I would be put in. After putting the hat on, I was put into Hufflepuff.








The whole reason we were in Burbank was because I received tickets to the Ellen Degeneres Show. Julie and I were so excited to go so we got there early to get out number to be called into the studio. The guest on the show were Gordon Ramsey, Ewan McGregor and an American Idol contestant. It was fun watching her do her thing and dancing in the audience. They had us dancing for about 20 minutes before the show starts which Ellen and her guest that are on show can watch plus during her 'dance' segment and during all the commercial breaks. It was so loud but full of energy. Since we can only go o one taping a season, come August, I am going to try to get tickets again. It was a TON of fun. Try to find us in the audince. It is sort of a Where's Waldo feel. The pictures are from her site on Facebook.

2 comments:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

SO MUCH FUN! I bet being in Ellen's audience is so great with all that dancing! I found you! You're up in the back! I've only ever been to Jay Leno about 10 years ago and Donny and Marie...when they were on for that short season. I love the pics of you in the Friends coffee shop. You're a natural...maybe you should

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

duh...I'm so lame! Got a phone call while leaving a comment and forgot to finish before posting it......soooooooo, what I was going to say was, maybe you should take up acting. Now wasn't that stupid to write all that just to end my sentence. I need to go to bed. I can tell my mind is not thinking clearly.