Friday, April 16, 2010

1 down

On Wednesday Jim took his last final of the semester. Whoo Hoo!!! Now Jim doesn't have anymore classes until August. He is still looking for an internship for the summer; a task which is becoming harder than originally thought. Nonetheless, he is done and has some down time before starting an internship.

On Thursday night as part of the Business School's end of the year bash, we went to a party thrown by them on a 4 story mega yacht in the Marina del Rey. Jim celebrated by knocking one year of business school out of the ball park and I got to cross my first thing off my "30 things to do before I turn 30 list" by going on a yacht. Besides the hemlines of dresses getting shorter as the night went on, the over gyrating hips and the dry humping on the dance floor, all done by his fellow MBA peers, the night was great. We went to El Torito for dinner on the water and then boarded the boat for a few hours of dancing, eating and socializing. I think that we were the part often handful of people that only consumed water and didn't get a taxi home but everyone had a fabulous time and it was nice for us to get out with out the kids and actually socialize with people that Jim gets to see every day in school. We did get asked one question frequently and that was, "Where is Isaac." It was almost always then followed by "You should have brought him." As nice as it was to hear that people really liked being around him, I am sure that I am going to bring my 3 year old on a yacht until 1:30am to watch all of the drunken debauchery going on. He would have loved it but I can always take him on a Bay cruise when he gets older.




2 comments:

Lyndzi said...

Yeah for Jim! You look gorgeous in these pics!

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Okay...so Baylor is losing points every day with me and your evening on the yacht with the Pepperdine MBA program just put Baylor in absolute last place as far as how universities give back to their students who pay WAY TOO MUCH $ to attend their school goes. Seriously...I want an night out on a sunset cruise! I'm jealous if you can't tell. But...very happy for you both to have a date (even though it was spent watching the bumpin' and grindin' of drunk people). And by the way....love your outfit. You're looking great! We'll be praying he gets an internship!