Monday, June 21, 2010

Disney Disappointment

I don't know why the pictures keep coming up sideways.




On Friday we went to Disneyland because we had tickets to the new show, World of Color. We were looking forward to celebrating our 6 year wedding anniversary a day early with the kids to watch the show. It was AMAZING!!!! I would love to go and watch it again! Below are some video however, they do not do it justice...not even a little bit!

Another thing the Disney is promoting in California Adventure park for the summer is Glowfest. At 8:15 nightly during the summer they turn the Hollywood Back lot section of the park into a dance party. There is a DJ, neon lights, dancers on mini stages and...TONS of alcohol tents!!! What the heck, Disney? The dance party is fine and I think people will enjoy it but come on, 4 or 5 alcohol tents squeezed into the one small section of a street? We found the smell of alcohol completely disturbing as we were walking with our kids down the back lot in the stroller. I LOVE Disney and what they stand for but this is totally inappropriate at a park when families are supposed to come first. In my opinion, if one wants to drink and dance, that is what House of Blues is for and the many clubs in L.A., not Disneyland. It is an environment that I do not think is appropriate for children and I don't think that I will be going back to that park until the summer is over. I formally filed a complaint at Guest Relations in the park and then called Guest Communications this morning to "officially" file a complaint. I told them that if this was the direction that Disney is going, then it is really sad and that they should plan on losing revenue from us since we do not plan on re-newing our annual passports if they go into the alcohol/club direction. I have never been so disappointed with them. It really is sad that they have such an AWESOME new show and then Glowfest.





Glowfest.. I have some pictures that I will post later since it is not working at the moment. Again, the dancing and stuff is fine, it is the alcohol that has to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you said something. Hopefully other families will have the courage to stand up for keeping a non-drunken atmosphere.

Danika said...

That is disappointing. I bet they make bank off of the alcohol though. I've heard in this recession bars are doing really well... maybe Disney thought they'd cash in as well?