Friday, July 30, 2010

NorCal

For 3 weeks, the kids and I spent time up in the Bay Area with family. Jim came up and joined us during that last week. We had a great time. I signed Isaac up for swim lesson, which he loved! His teacher, Mr. Ryan, was great! Isaac has always been a fish but now he seems to be a fish with gills. Besides swim lessons, we went to the Alameda County Fair, Oakland Zoo, San Francisco, out to dinner and lunches with friends and family and just hung around. We also celebrated Elizabeth's first birthday, my birthday, my brother's birthday and went to the cabin with both sets of parents at different times during the week. I also had the opportunity to go to my dear friend, Shiloh's, wedding, sans kids. It was great! We always enjoy going to the Bay Area to visit friends and family, but it is always nice to get back into your own groove when you get home.


Elizabeth's first birthday was fun. I was so excited to actually be celebrating with family. We had the party at my Aunt and Uncle's house and decorated it with a Princess theme. I made Elizabeth a tutu to wear and spruced up a pink onesie and my Mom got her a princess crown. We dined on hamburgers and Casper hot dogs with some yummy salads and a cake and cupcakes for dessert. Everyone had a great time and Elizabeth received some wonderful gifts.



The cabin was a fun week too. We were able to spend a couple of days with my parents up there and a couple of days with Jim's parents. My dad bought Isaac a fishing pole and man did Isaac have fun with it. Well, I am not sure who had more fun: Isaac, both Grandpas or Jim. Isaac kept catching blue gills and small striped bass. He would catch them and then release them. Isaac also had a great time this year jumping off the dock, swimming across the lake and swinging on the rope swing. We couldn't get him to get out of the water or to leave. Elizabeth had a great time there too. She loved playing in the sand, sitting in the water and playing with the wet sand on the chairs. We ate our meals outside on the deck and made s'mores in the evening after the sun went down. The kids were so tired and dirty! When Jim's parents came up we did all of the above things but we also took them to Columbia State Park. Jeanne had a great time candle dipping with Isaac and BJ had a great time panning for gold with him too. It was a hot day so I shared one of my favorite things to drink there with them, an ice cold Sarsaparilla. They also took the kids on a stagecoach ride and enjoyed some old fashion bowling. I think they enjoyed themselves.


No comments: