Friday, September 24, 2010

Solvang

One of my 30 things to do before I turn 30 things was to visit Solvang, Ca. Jim was not thrilled. He could care less about visiting this cute Danish town. That happened to work out perfect because my friend, Serene said she would love tog o with me. We went down last Saturday for Danish Days and it was such a great day. The weather was wonderful and we were with out the hubbies and kids! It was so mellow and refreshing to do what WE wanted to do on our OWN time! We walked around the town and went into many shops. I loved looking at all of the imported items. One of my favorites I saw transported me back to when I was twelve: canned fish balls. I had a great giggle and the of course had to get a picture with it. We also went to many of the bakeries and ate delicious treats. My favorite was the awesome almond past tart. I ate 3! We also visited the Mission Ines. Serene never has been to a mission and I used to go when I was little with my grandparents. This was one that I haven't been to. We had a great day!

No comments: