Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Utah and 30 b4 30





We went to Utah for a few days in August and had a great time. We stayed with our friends' the Slinkers', for a couple of days in Provo. While we were there, we of course had to go to BYU bowling, the creamery, Veteran's pool, Bridal Veil Falls and hike the "Y." This is the first year that Elizabeth has gone on the hike and the first year that Isaac has actually hiked it himself. We had a great time going to some of our favorite places in Provo and visiting friends.

After a few days there, we headed to Heber for the Wuehler family reunion. All 28 of us stayed in one massive 3 story house. Believe it or not, we all had bedrooms and plenty of bathrooms. There was also a game room with basketball, ping pong and air hockey, 2 kitchens and a workout room. We all had a fantastic time visiting with one another. I have to say that out of the 3 Wuehler reunions that I have been a part of, this one was the best.

Once the reunion was over, Jim, the kids and Julie headed back to Malibu while I went back to Provo and stayed with our friends, the Rowleys, for Education week at BYU. I was so excited to be able to have a whole week to myself and do my own thing. Not to mention be able to take classes on piratically anything that I wanted. Well, out of that week, I only ended up attending four classes. That's right, four out of the hundreds. Instead I made myself one with the Family history library on campus at BYU and was able to get a ton of family history put together. It was a great experience and I think that Education week was the catalyst to get me to finally be able to work on my genealogy with interruptions from Jim or the kiddos. So another 30 before 30 completed!

No comments: