Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quick Trip

 This past weekend William and I left Isaac, Elizabeth and Jim and flew to CA to surprise my Dad for his retirement party. My brother flew in from NY too. It was a quick, but fun 4 day trip. The day that I flew in, the Wuehler's picked me up from the airport and I got to hang out and visit with them. William enjoyed seeing them, his Aunties and cousin, Daniel. We all went to Porkey's for dinner and that is where I surprised my Dad.

On Friday my dad, brother and I went shopping and got new things to wear for the retirement party that night. We had a nice time at my Dad and Uncle's retirement party. It was nice to see all the family and they were all happy to finally get to meet William.

On Sunday we had a family day and took the ferry to San Francisco.  We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was a clear, sunny day in the low 70's which felt like summer to me. We had a nice walk and ate lunch at the Fog Harbor Fish House. I had a yummy garlic roasted crab! I just really enjoyed the company and absorbing as much vitamin D as I could.  Later that night Ryan and I met up with some of his friends at Sundance to go country dancing. My two step was a little dusty but after a couple of dances, I was doing just fine.

Monday I was able to sneak in a visit with my grandparents in the morning before I had to catch my afternoon flight. It was a short visit but it was a nice one.

















1 comment:

Danika said...

Aaaaaah! I LOVE that you wore your Wisconsin t-shirt.