Thursday, May 24, 2012

Utah

William and I went to Utah for 5 days last week to visit some friends. As soon as we got onto the first airplane, I soon realized that flying with William will be much more difficult than when I flew with him to LA. He wanted to see what was going on and be a part of his environment and weighing in at the size of a 12-18 month old, nursing him on the plane was quite the adventure as well. I find nursing on planes to be somewhat awkward even-though I am super pro-breastfeeding since your boob practically touches the person's arm sitting next to you. William will NOT nurse under a blanket so I was trying to be as discreet as I could but he loved pushing his feet against the window and then pull my nipple and his head into the other person's lap. Oh well. I guess that is why one can fly coach or first class.

After a day of flying, we finally arrived in Utah and I realized it has been almost 2 years since I have been there. I was able to see a lot of new businesses popping up and the burned Provo Tabernacle. We stayed with our good friends, The Slinker Family, and it felt like we never left. I had a great time just hanging out with friends, going to the movies and the Disney store and a whole morning of garage-saleing with super garage- saler, Shannon.

One of the days that I was there, I devoted a whole day to my good friend Myriah. I was originally supposed to go out for her wedding but with Jim's travel plans, that didn't work. I ended up spending the whole day and most of the evening helping her with her centerpieces, visiting and attending her bridal shower. It was great to hang out with her and still feel apart of the wedding.

WE had such a great time and as usual, the trip wasn't long enough.

No comments: