Friday, July 20, 2012

Week 2


Week 2 was a busy week but the kids had a great time. Swimming lessons were going and the kids loved playing in the back yard but we added some adventures as well.

Amaya, their cousin, invited them to the park for a fun play date. The kids had a great time swinging, going down slides and running around while I had fun chatting with my Great Aunt Kathy and Amaya's Mom, Dee.

 Every year growing up we always went to the Alameda County Fair. I have fond memories of having dance recitals there, watching the horse races, going to concerts, riding the rides and eating all the gross but yummy fair food. This year they were celebrating their 100 year anniversary so my Dad and I decided to go. We ate curly fries, pizza and fresh squeezed lemonade. We even had shaved ice which Elizabeth ended up giving her face a shaved ice facial. Her face, belly, arms and legs were dyed red with streaks from the flavorings. The kids got to ride some rides and after a couple of hours in the heat, everyone was tuckered out.


This is what happens when I let my kids play unattended in my parents backyard; they decide to make a mud pit and get mud on EVERYTHING! I thought it was funny but I think my Dad was a bit less amused.

One of the great things that I enjoy doing when I come home for a visit is to see old friends. I was able to have dinner with some of the gals that I was a cheerleader with in high school. We try to get together at least once a year to catch up. (2 fine ladies were missing.) I was also able to hang with Ashly and Susan who were my neighbors down the street growing up. They are extended family to me. We ALWAYS have a great time together no matter what we end up doing but in this case, we went to Jack London Square for lunch, saw Rock of Ages and then had a photo shoot sporting our sexy 'staches.



Elizabeth was so excited to get a bike while she was here. I bought a bike off of Craigslist for Isaac but my Aunt Jaci gave us her daughter, Emily's old bike. Back at home Elizabeth was still having a hard time with the peddles but she got the hang of it here and has enjoyed going on bike rides.


No comments: