Friday, October 19, 2007

The Death of Me

Ok, so here in Utah, when something becomes popular, it becomes popular. I kept hearing about these books, Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer and how great they were. Of course, I think the whole thing became popular because 1) She is Mormon and 2) she graduated from BYU and since I live in the "Mormon Capital of the World," Mormons need to support Mormons, right? Anyways, when BJ was here visiting, I was telling him about them and when we were at Costco, he bought them for me not knowing that they would disrupt the organization of my home. Well, I started reading and reading and reading. I fell in love with the characters and couldn't put the books down! There goes the first book, then the second, now I am on the third, anxiously awaiting the fourth this spring, meanwhile the dishes are getting higher and the Landry is piling up. I am addicted to these books. The only other time I have been "addicted" to a series is when I read Harry Potter. Jim knows not to even talk to me when I read those. Anyways, I guess I am recommending these books. They are such an easy read and are enjoyable, to my surprise since I normally don't like loves stories nor do I normally enjoy stories about vampires. Enough said about that.

Isaac update. Isaac is walking around like no ones business. Now he added his new talent of clapping his hands. I think it is cute, especially when we claps out of control and loses his balance. Also, Isaac is fascinated by Jim shaving his face! I have seen toddlers do this, but not a 11 month old. Jim finds this amusing and will put shaving cream on Isaac's face and use the back of the razor to "shave" it off. Surprisingly, Isaac holds completely still, hardly blinking even when Jim does this. Who has ever herd of a baby sitting still to be shaved? Isaac NEVER and I mean NEVER holds still for anything!!!! I guess there is nothing that can match Daddy and son bonding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my Vanessa! You are so funny- I did the same thing! Life was put on hold for like 4 days to read all 3 books, and now look at us- waiting, addicted, and wanting. I LOVE seeing pics of Isaac! He's a cutie! Talk to you later! ~dena