Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Scarecrow Festival







The past few days have been fun in the Wuehler home. Big Jim (BJ) was in town for a few days since he ended a conference that he attended in WY. While he was here, he helped put cabinet locks on the cabinets and drawers so my lovely son would keep out of them. For whatever reason, I was just sick and tired of Isaac taking trash out of the trash can and getting mad when I would put it back in. BJ, Isaac and I also went to Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT and looked at all the animals. I though this would be a fun activity because Isaac LOVES animals, but he showed no enthusiasm towards them when BJ was with us. Well, he did show a little excitement when he was listen and watching a sheep bleating.
That night we went to dinner at a hibachi and Isaac had the best time watching our no less then wacky chef cook our dinner in front of us. Isaac loves all the fire and utensil throwing.

After BJ left, we were back to "normal." Since Yesterday was a nice day, I thought I would make the most of it since jack Frost will be visiting soon and confine us to the caves in which we live. Isaac and I went back to Thanksgiving Point with my friend, Kammy Blevins and her son, Traven (pronounced tray-ven), for the Scarecrow Festival. The boys had a blast!!!! They loved being outside playing with all the toys, jumping on inflatables, going through haunted houses and watching all the other kids. Their favorite part, I think, was playing with the stroller on the grass and playing with the bales of hay where the scarecrows and pumpkins were. Before we left, we had to stop at the animals, and Isaac was SO excited. He was SO excited that he threw a tantrum when we left!
That night, Jim and Isaac were playing and Jim was making Isaac laugh so hard. I LOVE watching the two of them play! They have so much fun with one another.

You know, there are many things that would make me not want to raise my kids here in Utah, but one of the appealing things about living here, is that there is always festivals and activities geared towards kids and families. I think that's really nice and back home, it is hard to find that.


No comments: