Monday, December 12, 2011

Ice Face

On Saturday my friend Carrie and I went downtown to enjoy a nice lunch and a movie. Since she lived just a few blocks from the restaurant, we decided to walk there. I had a on jeans, a new sweater I bought, a scarf and a pea coat. My ankles were frozen since up until today I only owned ankle socks and even though the rest of me was warm as I was walking, I found my face felt like it was burning. Ice burning if you know what I mean. It felt like someone was hold a huge ice cube on my face and no matter how hard I tried to move it, the ice cube stayed. It was 18* and windy. I have never experienced anything like that before. It made today which was 38* feel warm. In fact, I didn't even use a jacket today. I am a bit nervous with how cold it can get here in the winter. I do know that I need to invest in m clothes and I get out my denial that the 2 long sleeve shirts I have will do.

As I was looking for a picture for this post, I came across this website that has some pretty awesome winter pictures.

No comments: