Sunday, June 15, 2008

Naked and Angry

I often go to cnn.com a couple of times a day to check the headlines since we don't have television and I cam across an interesting video today: "Naked and Angry." Of course it caught my attention so I needed to watch it. Low and behold it was a gas protest with naked people riding bicycles. I thought that was a very creative idea. I would have been out there on the street, not naked on a bike, supporting them as they rode by.

I am glad that they are standing up against the gas prices. I know that we still have cheap gas compared to some places in the world, but come on! It is getting a little bit out of control. I don't know about you, but I am finding it harder and harder to budget in gas money since it is continually changing! Since I know that I have no say in Washington, and even if I did, I am sure it wouldn't matter, Jim and I have decided to stop driving unless deemed appropriate: shopping at Costco/Walmart for groceries, bad weather, destination more than 10 miles (We really don't leave our 5 mile radius since we can't afford to get there). So far, it has been OK. We either walk or ride our bikes to where ever we are going. Isaac enjoys it too since he is pulled behind us in a bike caddy. I really can't see a better solution because it helps the environment, keeps money in our bank account and promotes exercise. Now, when we go back to CA for a visit, that will definitely hurt the bank. So, what are you doing, if anything to help off set the price of gas? We are always looking for new ideas!

1 comment:

Danika said...

I've always been on the hunt for the lowest gas prices in town. I don't drive out of my way to get there (thereby wasting more gas) but as I'm going along I keep an eye on every gas station in the vicinity. At first it was the three stations on Storrow Drive that competed with each other. Then it was the Hess not far from Harvard Square. Lately it's hands down been the local gas station that's full service only. For some reason the full service tends to be cheaper out here. Anyhoo, I also recommend http://www.gaspricewatch.com which is a website where people in your area list the prices of gas. Just a thought!