Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Big Boy





Isaac has definitely changed these past few weeks. He is trying to use words a lot more, tries to open up the front door so he can go outside, hangs on the passenger side and sliding door handles on our van and then swings his legs, plays with worms, opens up the refrigerator and the most recent change that seems to be occurring on a daily basis now is lifting up our very old, ugly couch cushions and carefully placing them off the coach so he can roll his cars down it. He likes it when Jim or I do a count down for him. Sometimes he gets so excited he screams, "WOW!" at the top of his lungs. That always sends Jim and I into a laughing fit.


It is hard to come to terms that I now have a "toddler" that goes to and LOVES nursery at church! It is also an exciting time for me because he is learning so much all the time and he always seems to amaze me at what he picks up. I would have to say that this is the best stage so far even-though every stage has its perks.


Isaac still loves to cuddle with us when he is waking up and he enjoys cuddling up with Jim to watch a movie. When I say, "watch" I mean 15 minutes more or less. I can't wait to take him swimming this summer since he enjoyed it so much last year. Our only problem is that it has been in the upper 50's and lower 60's! Can you believe it? Last year at this time it was in the 90's! Oh well. Maybe once the three of us get over our colds, the weather will finally be ready for swimming.

2 comments:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

he has got to be the cutest little guy I've ever seen. Love the shirt and tie pic. Wish Sydney cuddled with me. Sounds like he is learning something new every day. They seriously have the highest learning curves...amazing little ones!

Anonymous said...

They change so fast don't they! Especially at this age. I'm glad you're enjoying him so much. I have to remind myself to enjoy my little boy monster sometimes because he's so challenging, but the little moments like the ones you wrote about make it worth it!