Thursday, September 4, 2008

Date Night





Jim and I were lucky enough to be able to have a "date night" while we were on our family vacation thanks to his parents for watching Isaac. It was so nice to be able to actually have more than 10 minutes to ourselves! We took BART over to San Francisco and then the F-line of MUNI to the Wharf. After walking around Pier 39 and spending too much money on chocolate at Chocolate Heaven, ( The raspberry and black forest truffles are to die for!), we walked down a few piers to catch a ferry to Alcatraz. I have been there before but Jim hasn't so I was excited to show him around. The really neat thing about it was that instead of going during the day, we did a night tour. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! Seeing the San Francisco Skyline at night from the middle of the bay couldn't get any better! We had a fabulous time!

2 comments:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

you both were in desperate need of some good date night time....glad it worked out for ya. I'm jealous...I've never done Alcatraz or had the yummy truffles. So much to do in the bay area...I'm making my list.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great date. My favorite is the Sea Lions at Pier 39. I think I could watch them all day.