Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall



When we left for California the trees in our front yard had all their leaves on them and they were still green. When we returned however, half of the leaves are now on our lawn and the remaining leaves are a really pretty yellow. Isaac was thrilled when he was able to run in the leaves, throw them and make "leaf angels." Changing of the leaf colors in one thing that I don enjoy about living in Utah. I never really saw it much living in the Bay Area. Now it is officially fall in my book.

I love fall! I love how the weather gets cooler but you're not freezing. A nice hoodie will do. I love being able to take a hot, long shower and fill the bathroom up with steam. I love the fact that I can bring back soup and bean nights back into our weekly dinner menu. Not only are they cheap to make and you can eat them for a couple of days but they feel hearty and warm up your belly. I love pumpkin:carving, boiling, pureeing, baking, smelling, you name it. Warm Pumpkin chocolate chip bread is my favorite! I love that I can now burn candles with scents that remind me of the holidays. There are so many more things that I love about fall but I think the main thing that I love is that this is the time when I really want to spend time with close family and friends; share a meal, sit and talk,enjoy each others company. There is something warm and inviting about fall weather that is unique to itself.

Oh last thing, daylight savings is this weekend. Whoo hoo! So anyone that doesn't have little kids gets to sleep in an extra hour later!

1 comment:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Probably one of the things I miss most about Utah is the fall. Love everything you mentioned about this season as well. I'm looking forward to that extra hour tonight, hoping Sydney sleeps a little longer herself.