Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spur of the Moment













































So on **WARNING** This is a LONG blog entry. Read at your leisure.

October 15th I was talking to my brother, Ryan, on the phone and he wanted me to come home to see him in his play. Well, I don't know about you, but our money tree hasn't been producing much this year. (If yours has, please give me a tip to get a better harvest!) So he said that he would pay for half the flight and my Mom would pay for the other. So from the time that I booked my ticket online to the time Isaac and I were sitting on the plane, it was only 36 hours later!

It was nice to go home for a while and the weather was wonderful!! It was in the upper 70's and sometimes low 80's the WHOLE time!!! We surprised my Dad when he came home from his fishing trip, saw my Brother's play, surprised my Grandpa for his birthday and my best friend, Jennifer's birthday and saw my friend Jason who just got home from his mission in Mexico. It was really fun to have all of these surprises.

It was also really nice to just do my own thing. Normally when we go home, it is weeks in planning on whom I am meeting with and where with in all of my family and friends. This time was so much more low key.

Jeanne took Isaac to his very first trip to Fairyland in Oakland. I remember going there when I was little. He had fun running all over the place. My Mom took us to SF where we ate at the Rainforest Cafe. Isaac had mixed emotions. He was so excited to see all the animals, but was also so scared he was shaking. We also went to Pier 39 where Isaac had so much fun looking at all the boats on the water and watching the sea lions. He kept saying, "Ewww Mommy. Ewww." because of the smell.

On Sunday, Isaac and I along with the Wuehler's went to the Oakland Temple and then they threw him a birthday party since they won't be in Utah with us to celebrate it. Isaac thought he was so cool when everyone was singing Happy Birthday to him. He also loved eating the yummy cupcakes.

Isaac and I also ventured out to Ardenwood Farm. I went on field trips there when I was younger. It is a historical Victorian farm. They only downside was that we went on a "field trip day." Isaac loved petting the animals, looking at all the tractors, watching kids make corn husk dolls, riding on the train and helping out with farm chores in the garden.

For one of the weekends, we went to my parents cabin up in Cedar Ridge. Isaac is in heaven up there with all the dirt, bugs, and animals! This weekend he was really cute because he was my Dad's helper. Everywhere my Dad went he followed. He helped mend up some rotten wood by the water sprocket, helped wash my Dad's fishing gear and even helped putting the coals in the BBQ. He was very upset when it was time to say bye to the cabin.

On one of our last days there, Isaac and I went over to Half Moon Bay and visited the Lemos Farm. My grandparents took me there when I was little. This time of year it is a huge pumpkin patch with ghost trains, pony rides, hay rides, petting zoo, jumpers and more. Isaac was so excited to see all the spooky spiders and skeletons on the ghost train. He would laugh so loud and point to them. He also thought he was Mr. Big Boy on the ponies. He rode them a few times;all with out my help. At one time he was holding on to the saddle with one hand and waving to everyone around him with the other. It was so sweet. I think his favorite thing there was these horse type rockers. There were tons all lines up and he would rock with other kids by him and just laugh so hard to himself.

After the pumpkin patch we drove a few more minutes to Half Moon Bay State Beach. We should have made this trip a few days earlier when it was in the 80's but it was typical weather for us, foggy and breezy. On the beach Isaac had fun digging in the sand and picking up sea shells. He also found a dead seal with no head. Gross! Besides eating lunch his favorite activity there was chasing after the seagulls.

On my last full day there, I was able to meet up with my friend Jason who returned the day before from serving a mission in Mexico. That was one of the highlights of my trip! It was SO good to have lunch with him and for him to meet Isaac since the last time he saw me I was taking him to the MTC 8 1/2 months pregnant!

We had a wonderful time and my brother and my parents had fun playing with Isaac.

Thanks again Ryan and Mom! We'll be seeing you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is too cute!

Danielle said...

Trips like that are the best! Sounds like you guys had fun. And we still need to get together for a playdate. Seriously. My kids play better with other kids than they do with each other. So come on over!!

Danika said...

LOL, I love how Isaac waves like crazy when he's on the horse... almost like he's a beauty queen in a parade! I'm so glad you had a good time and I completely agree--vacations that are true vacations rather than scheduled agenda's planned down to the minute are much more fun.