Saturday, January 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


Last night Jim, Isaac and I along with a handful of the Slinker family went to the Draper Temple open house. Whenever a temple is built, there is an open house for a couple of months where ANYONE, YES ANYONE, MORMON or NOT, can go inside and see the different rooms and areas of the temple. We all really enjoyed ourselves and Isaac even had fun. His highlight was taking the very big buses from the chapel to the temple. He just thought the big buses were the best thing since sliced bread! I was amazed at how efficient and organized the tour was considering the high volume of people. It is a beautiful temple inside and out. I really wish that my family and friends were able to go so they can see the inside. I especially wish that could see the sealing or wedding room. Everyone in the tour enjoyed that! It was a special experience and I suggest that if you are planing a trip to Utah before the beginning of March, try to get tickets so you can go inside and experience the beautiful temple.

On the way home, Jim and I decided to stop at Walmart and get some grocery shopping done. All three of us were still in our church clothes from the temple. Well, Isaac has a cough and decided to get into a coughing fit right in the middle of the grocery section. Low and behold, the Wuehler luck was with us again as Isaac started throwing up all over himself and the food isle! YUCK! I guess it was better in Walmart than the temple. I was looking all over for a worker but of course, when you need one, they are never around! I ended up getting some paper towels that we later bought to clean up the mess and Isaac got a new pair of pajamas to wear. What a night. I doubt we will forget it.

1 comment:

'Cembers Thoughts said...

my great great great grandfather was william draper jr who settled draper, ut. thanks for visiting the temple for the sl folks who can't make it.
pregnancy food aversions are weird aren't they? at one point the thought of cooking ANYTHING would make me sick. i hope the chicken thing passes. that's a heck of a deal. i wish i could find that out here. i do that sort of thing, stock up when cheap and then enjoy for a long time. smart shoppers