Thursday, January 1, 2009

Traveling with the Wuehler's



ON our way home from California (don't worry, I will post about our trip soon), we were fortunate enough that our friends, Paul and Angie Simpson were on the same flight we were. It was great to have to extra people with helping hands. Angie and I had a row to ourselves while the 3 boys shared a row behind us. Well, Isaac was a nomad. He liked to travel between the two rows. Towards the end of the flight, the air turned down and it was so hot that I started to feel sick. Once the plane landed and the seat belt light turned off, I ran down the isle to the bathroom and gave the toilet everything that was in my stomach. I think that was the smallest bathroom that I have even thrown up in. Well, by the time we all got to the baggage claim it was just a little over midnight and yes Isaac was still running around. As Jim was taking the luggage off the carousel, Isaac thought it would be fun to try to stick his back pack up on the carousel but instead he fell face first onto the side of it managing to bite through his bottom lip! After the tears on his end, the cleaning of blood and a diaper change, Paul and Jim went to get the cars since it was in the 20's. Of course no matter how tired we all were, Jim Isaac and I made a trip to the hospital for his lip. Because of the way his teeth went through his lip, no stitches were needed but antibiotics were a must since it is highly prone for infection. We finally arrive home a little before 4 am and let me tell you, being home never felt so good!

These photos pf his lip were taken a few days after the incident. I am very surprised at how fast it is healing!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh wow! That is just crazy! I'm glad it's healing fast though. If it leaves a scar, he'll have a cool story to tell at least.

Lyndzi said...

WOW! They really did go through his lip. He is a little nomad. That stinks you threw up on the plane. I really am not a fan of flying but it's usually some place fun so it's worth it.

Sarah Junsay said...

Dang, what a crazy trip home!! My niece did the same thing to her lip & she healed super fast with no scar!! What a tough guy he is!

Danika said...

*cringe* I'm glad he's doing better. That looks just aweful!