Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy in California


Well, we just got back from hopefully our last trip out to CA before I have this baby. I am done with all the traveling. This was a really nice, but very busy trip. On Saturday, April 18Th, the three of us flew into Oakland in the morning and played in my parents backyard all day which Isaac loved. Later that evening was my Mom's surprise 50Th birthday party at Otaez in Alameda. There was plenty of great Mexican food and a ton of family and friends celebrating with margaritas and dancing. Isaac danced the night away with all of us but he was particularly attached to his Grandpa Wuehler. They danced for almost 2 hours straight. It was a long day for all of us and we finally called it a night after midnight.
The next day was my baby shower. It was a lot smaller and more low key than my first one with Isaac. it was a nice day with a handful of family and friends with a lot of pink and a yummy cupcake cake. Too bad it was in the 90's and we were all sweating. I received a ton of wonderful gifts and clothes for Elizabeth but Isaac made out with quite a few presents himself. He was very excited about them.


Tuesday, my Mom took the day off work which was nice and she came with Jim, Isaac and I to Baker's Beach in San Francisco. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It was hot but there was a nice cool breeze off the water. Isaac enjoyed playing in the sand. There wasn't place on him that didn't have sand in it. One of the funny things of the day is that this particular beach in certain areas is a nude beach. Every now and then we would see people that thought the thong bikini or thong speedo was all the rave. It gave us a pretty good laugh. Why people want to wear a thong when there is sand all around beats me.

On Thursday, we spent from 8 am to 130 am getting everything ready for Jim's brother, Craig's, wedding. And on Friday we were all at the Oakland temple in the morning to watched him be married to Suzanne. It was also nice to reconnect with Jim's other brother, Brent, and his family since we don't see them that often due to them living in Boston. It was the first time that Jim and I got to meet our niece and Isaac's cousin, Liesel. Isaac was smitten with her. He keeps asking for Baby Liesel. The reception turned out really nice and I think everyone enjoyed it. It was another late night for us ending after midnight.

Saturday we were back at the Wuehler's home at 7am to have breakfast with the family before Brent, Danika and Liesel headed out It was fun to watch Isaac and Liesel play one last time together. After breakfast, the three of us were pretty beat so we went back to my parents house for a quick nap before we were on the road again. We drove through Davis, and then up to Roseville to visit with some family that we haven't seen in a few years. That was really nice. After the short visit we were off to round two, meaning the second reception for Craig and Suzanne, in Elk Grove. That reception was really nice too but by 9pm Jim and I said we had to go and by 930 we were changed and out the door starting the 2 hour drive home. We were so tired we had to switch drivers and almost tape our eyelids open. Too much happened in those few days for the wedding and no sleep was involved. I was feeling it to. I started cramping and having muscle spasms. Put a fork in me cuz I was DONE!

Sunday we said forget it to church and my parents watched Isaac while Jim and I napped and lounged around the house until early afternoon. We went back to the Wuehler's for Sunday dinner, stopped by some of my family's house to say goodbye and then plopped down on my parents couch by 8pm. It was nice to actually sit and relax and watch a TV show.

Monday was a laundry and cleaning day then that evening back on the plane to UT. I think it will still take a week to recover. Both Jim and I are sick and trying to get Isaac back into a routine after a month a different trips is not a fun task. We have had an enjoyable time with our 3 trips to Ca in a total of 7 weeks but I think we will stick around Utah for a while.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow! I really just got tired thinking about your busy time in California. I am glad you had a good time. Love the guy in the thong! That is so funny. The sand can't feel too great.

Stephanie said...

You look great!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! Nice thong! Only you would take a picture of that!

Danika said...

Are you going to get a thong for Isaac? Or even better... Jim?

The Wuehler Wireless said...

How do you know that Jim and Isaac don't already own some? =0)