Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Randomness and Easter

If the weather is nice, on the Sunday of General Conference in between sessions, my little neighborhood gets together for what our Bishop calls the "Semi-Annual Break the Sabbath." Basically we all get together at a certain neighbor's front yard and there is a big BBQ. We talk about conference and other things. It is a great way to get neighbor's together whether they are members of the Church or not. This is a picture of Shannon and I relaxing in the sun that we hardly see after lunch. Also, this is the last picture of me with long hair. It looks shorter because it is braided, but I cut 15 inches off it.
Isaac loves to play with my elastic headbands. He can't just wear one. He has to wear all of them at the same time. I love this picture because his hair is so long it stands up.

Easter was a fun day. Jim's Mom and sister were here visiting and we all went to church and then to the Slinker's for dinner. We had a great dinner and I made my famous green beans and potatoes. It is such a treat because I normally don't cook with 3 lbs of bacon AND leave all the fat in it! Isaac had a couple of Easter egg hunts and had a blast playing with the Slinker kids like always. We also lucked out on weather. It was the first sunny day in a week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know about the semi-anuual sabbath break. Sounds like fun. And your hair looks sooo cute! I don't know if I got to say so on Sunday, but I love it!