Friday, January 15, 2010

Cheese Balls



I seriously LOVE cheese balls! Well, good cheese balls anyway. I am talking about the kind that used to come in the blue tin with "Cheez Balls" written on it. Well, I haven't seen that tin in probably 10 years and when I was pregnant with Elizabeth, this is one of the things I craved yet couldn't find. Well, a couple of weeks ago Jim was grocery shopping at Ralph's when he came across huge containers (look hard on the bed by the blue pillow) of Herr's Cheese Balls so knowing how much I love them, he bought me a container and surprised me with it. Being the skeptic, I almost didn't even want to try them since all of the cheese ball wannabes that I have tried failed miserably compared to the precious ones in the little blue tin. However I did try them and low an behold they tasted EXACTLY like the blue tin ones!!!! Wooo Hooo!! I naturally went and bought another container.

Well, about a week ago and no cheese balls in the house, Jim buys one more and we hied it Isaac's room on a high shelf in the back of his closet. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? Well, today I had my friend Serene over and she brought her daughter Sydney to play with Isaac. As Serene and I were talking in the living room, we can hear the kids playing nicely in the bedroom. An hour later when it is time for them to go home, this is what we find. We now have to children with oompa loompa hands and 1/3 of the cheese balls unaccounted for, which means they are in their bellies. They other 2/3s are all over them, the bed and the floor. They were in heaven and thought it was the greatest thing. So naturally I had to take a couple of pictures and a video before I cleaned them up, stripped the bed of the bedding so I can wash it and vacuum the floor. What sneaky children I tell you and I still don't know how Isaac found them to begin with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES! Herr's Cheese Balls are AMAZINGLY close to Planters! I just found that out last week...only problem is I live in Canada and they're just as hard to get as the Planters ones used to be!