Saturday, January 2, 2010

Elizabeth's Blessing and New Years

We spent New Years in Disneyland this year. I know, surprise surprise, right? We rang it in with our friends Paul and Angie Simpson by accident. They were on the road traveling back from the Bay Area to Utah when they called us saying that they would have to drive down through Vegas because of the snow up north and wanted to know if they could stay with us for a couple of days and go to Disneyland with us for New Years. We were so happy that they called us. We LOVE them! They are so much fun to be around so we knew that DL would be fun. I would not recommend going to DL for New Years with kids unless you have annual passes. The crowds are INSANE!!! All of the line for the rides are a minimum of 40 minutes and it filled to capacity which means once yo leave, even if it is to go to California Adventure Park, you are out for the day. We had a great time, though. We ended up being in the park for 16 hours! The kids were such troopers! DL passed out hats and blowers, which Isaac loved, plus had DJ's an lights starting at 11pm. Once midnight came around there was a special fireworks show too. The icing on the cake was that Angie and I were able to participate in the Tiana's Showboat Jubilee Show which is promoting The Princess and the Frog movie.. The video in this blog isn't with Angie and I since I accidentally had my camera in my bag on the boat with me, but you can still watch the show with random other people. It is a part 1 and part 2 video. Angie and I couldn't stop smiling and giggling through out the entire show. It was fun to see Jim, Isaac, Paul and Elizabeth watching us. Isaac was excited to see us and he would wave to us all the while Jim and Paul had smirks on their face laughing at us and shaking their heads. We really enjoyed ourselves. If you haven't seen the Princess and the Frog, I suggest you go see it., It is a great movie with FANTASTIC music!




We blessed Elizabeth in San Leandro so most of the family would be able to make it. It was a nice blessing and I was fortunate to have my parents and grandparents be in attendance. I think ELizabeth looks so beautiful in her blessing gown. Isaac kept asking me if Elizabeth was sick since she was getting a blessing. He had a hard time understanding.










2 comments:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

Seeing Elizabeth in her dress is making me cry...I'm sure it was an awesome day having your family there for the blessing. I love hearing about all that you guys are doing. Wish I could've been there to share in the joy.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

oh...almost forgot! I just had to comment on the number of times I hear that you are at "DL". It blows my mind how often you are able to pack up the little ones and make the trek out there. And especially New Years Eve. I have friends go every New Years Eve and they have told me about the crowds and utter madness. Hats off to you and Jim and the kids for hanging in there for such a long day. I want to do Disneyland when I'm out there in September. :)