Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter






After much anticipation, Easter has come and gone. I thought it was a wonderful Easter this year! The Easter Bunny came and left Jim and Isaac baskets full of toys and candy. Isaac was SO excited to see a couple of toys, but was even MORE excited when he saw m&m's and sixlets in his basket. Much to my surprise, Isaac found me a little bit later in the morning in the bathroom getting ready for church and he was covered in different colors from the candy. Of course he had a big smile on his face.
After Church, we had 7 people and 1 child come over for dinner. It was fun. We ate, chatted, ate and chatted some more. One of the highlights was when Lydia and I hid eggs all over the yard so the 4 big boys: Jim, Matt, Karl and Romulo could find them. They were worse than little kids by trying to peek out the blinds when we were hiding them and running all over the yard trying to find the most eggs. Needless to say, us girls: Kristin, Emma, Lydia, Debbie and myself were all entertained watching these "grown-up" men acting like 10 year olds. After the big kids hunt we put eggs on the lawn for Isaac and Addison. It was SO cute watching the both of them get eggs and find out that there was candy inside. Then they did yesterday at our Church's egg hunt. There they kind of just picked up a couple and then watched the other kids. I think the success of today's hunt was that it was just the two of them with a bunch of adults cheering them on.
I have to say that even though everyone who was at my house for Easter wasn't "blood family", it sure felt like a "family Easter," the ones that I am used too, to me.