Friday, March 7, 2008

Being sneaky and clever



Isaac is always looking for new ways to get to things that he knows are off limits. He really likes to try to get into my kitchen gadget drawer even though it has the child safety hooks on it and the drawer with the foil, plastic wrap and Ziploc bags. Well, today he figured out that if he opened the bottom drawer and takes everything out of it, he can open the kitchen gadget drawer, even the hook, and pull out fun things like the can opener, egg timer, thermometers and tongs. The funny thing is was that I was standing 5 feet away at the stove making cobbler and I had no idea that he did that; he was SO quiet!!! Then later on in the day, I was making a b-day card for my friend when I heard some noise in the kitchen and he was playing with my foil. I decided that if he was going to play with it, then I get to dress him up goofy. That made me laugh. Lesson learned: just give up and move the foil, plastic wrap and Ziploc bags out of the bottom drawer because kids will AWAYS find a way and never give up until they do.

4 comments:

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

he is so cute. I love the foil costume.

Brent said...

He looks like he's ready to be beamed up!

Danielle said...

The best part is he looks completely thrilled to be dressed up in tin foil.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

You are such a creative and fun mom Vanessa. Never would have thought to make a costume out of foil for play time. :) Sydney needs to visit Auntie Vanessa. She'd absolutely love playing with Isaac.