Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease

Well, this winter and now spring have not been very healthy ones for the Wuehler home. Well, ok for Isaac and me. Between six ear infections, swimmers ear, allergic reactions to medications, influenza, bronchitis, pneumonia, and the stomach flu we can now add Hand Foot and Mouth disease to the list. Can you believe it? It seems like we can never catch a break! I kinda freaked out internally when I found out what Isaac had and I asked my doctor if that was the disease that cows got. I was wondering how Isaac contracted a cattle disease, but the doctor quickly clarified and said I was thinking of "hoof and mouth" disease. Phew! That was a close call. Apparently it is a common spring virus here in Utah. Who would have guessed. Well, I try to look on the bright side and say to myself that when Isaac does enter preschool, he will already have been exposed to everything and will probably be the only "healthy" kid there. In the meantime, I just cross my fingers that both Isaac and I are done being sick for the season!

1 comment:

Sarah Junsay said...

Graydon had that when he was about Isaac's age. It was so annoying with the rash on the hands & feet & in the mouth! Poor Isaac! Hope he can get better soon!!