Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sweet, tender kisses


I LOVE sweet, tender kisses from Isaac! They make my heart melt. Let me explain. A couple of weeks ago, Isaac was having a hard time sleeping so one night I put him in bed with me in the middle of the night since Jim wasn't home. For the first hour, Isaac would snuggle with me then sit up and talk even though I ignored him. Then he climbed up and lied on my chest, put both of his small hands on each one of my cheeks and ever so tenderly, gave me a kiss on my lips. After that, he climbed down, snuggle deep into my chest and armpit and fell asleep. Well, last night I decided to go to bed early since it was Jim's night home and while I was lying in bed, I shouted out, "Isaac, Momma needs you to tuck her in. Can you please come and tuck me in?" With in a minute Isaac came into my room, talked some gibberish to me and when I leaned over and asked for a good night kiss, he leaned in toward me, got on his tippy-toes and gave me not one but TWO sweet, soft kisses. Then he walked out. It is moments like these that make me realize how special it is to be a Mom and that no other job can give you those wonderful little gifts and perks!

2 comments:

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

Probably the cutest thing I have ever heard.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

I want more loves from my baby girl. Such a tender story. You must document in a baby book or journal. Thanks for the birthday card and call the other day. I'll call soon. love em