Friday, November 21, 2008

Getting to Know you: Christmas Edition

Thanks Stephanie for posting this on your blog. What a great spin on an old classic. Come on and do it. No bah-humbugging around here!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I hate wrapping but it is so much more fun to tear the paper than to pull out the frilly tissue paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. That is what both Jim and I both grew up on. Ironically though, we have an artificial tree because we always go back to CA for Christmas.
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? When ever Jim helpless me. One year it was up until the end of February.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes! I also like it warm with some nutmeg and cinnamon on top
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Diamond earrings from my grandparents
7. Hardest person to buy for? Jim and our parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Isaac. He doesn't really care what you get him.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't say since the person who gave it to me reads this blog on occasion.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't have one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December. I know too late
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? What isn't my favorite? If I had to choose, I would probably say the things I only get around that time of year: peppermint hot chocolates, Carmel apple cider, morcella, linguica, prime rib and twice baked potatoes.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes! What kind of X-mas tree doesn't have lights?
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel back to CA since both of our families live 5 minutes apart
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, Donner, blitzen, Rudolph ..it that all of them?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? whatever we have
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning!
22. Favorite ornament theme or color? No theme at least for the family tree with homemade and sentimental ornaments. I think you if you have a second tree it should be themed.
23. Favorite thing to eat for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib, twice baked potatoes, green peas, salad with Grandmas homemade dressing and an array of yummy desserts
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? World peace!...Just kidding..cliche'.. I would like a family vacation that is not to CA
25. Who is most likely to respond to this? Who knows?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

It's about time...kidding! Thanks for adding us!
See ya in December.

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

so...i'm hopefully not the one who gave you your worst christmas gift ever! Ouch! My tree is already up and it's artifical, ofcourse. I don't have any Thanksgiving decor and I'm desperate to feel festive...also desperate to feel closer to Christmas cause that means closer to not being pregnant anymore. I'm so large!!! love you, em*