Thursday, November 6, 2008

Speechless

I am at a total lose for words with this commercial. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints would never condone this type of behavior nor did it fund the cause directly. Individual members of the LDS church took it into their own hands and donated money and spoke in favor of proposition 8 just like the Catholic members in CA and many other religious and non-religious folk. I feel like this commercial is an attack directly to me. Just because I am Mormon doesn't mean that I am hateful and intolerant of other people and their rights! I look at people for WHO they are not WHAT they are. I hope that people would do the same for me. This commercial is vicious and un-called for! It's okay to be upset and frustrated but please, don't stoop to that level. You are better than that!

1 comment:

Lyndzi said...

Wow, that's pretty harsh. People are asking the LDS members not to be judgemental and to be tolerant. But, whoever made this video is doing exactly the opposite. We're not anti-gay, we are pro-marriage between a man and a woman.