Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun







m

i

Every year for Thanksgiving since Jim and I have been married, my parents have come out to Utah to visit us for 5 days. This has become more fun since we had Isaac. They have so much fun playing with him, he loves all the attention and I love the freedom to do things like updating my blog at a decent hour in the day. This year Isaac and I took my parents to story time at the library which they thought was cute. I have been wanting them to go for a while but this is the first time it actually worked out. We also went bowling which Isaac loves, Temple Square to look at the Christmas lights and out to dinner a couple of nights. For Isaac's birthday, my parents bought him a tricycle. Isaac was unsure of it at the beginning, but now he gets upset if he doesn't get to go out and ride it everyday. I wonder how it will be when there is snow and ice on the ground. Needless to say, everyone enjoys it when Papa and Nana come to visit. As for Thanksgiving Day I got up early to start making the turkey and all the fixings. Jim did make some AWESOME rolls! We had our friends, Artur and Inna and their baby Leah, over for dinner. They are from the Ukraine so I wanted to make sure they had a place to go on our holiday. Inna brought a potato salad and a strawberry pie which were fabulous! They are her from her grandmother's recipe. She wanted to make sure she could bring a little bit of her Ukrainian heritage to share. It has been a great few days and now to think that in exactly 2 weeks, Isaac and I will be in California!

3 comments:

Brandon, Emily & Sydney Wilson said...

sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving with your parents visiting. Love seeing the pictures of you guys at temple square. I'll have to post pics and an update on us soon, atleast before this baby comes. Guarenteed there will be no time once that happens. love you, em

JethRobyn said...

Oh man, you get to go to California again??? So lucky. I'm glad thanksgiving worked out well. Maybe Jim should make us some of those delicious rolls to go with our dinner :)

Sarah Junsay said...

Isaac is getting so big now! Such a cutie! Hopefully we'll get to see you when you're here!