Saturday, July 4, 2009

Fourth of July Parade


Thanks to Becky's friends who camped out all night, Isaac and I were able to join them and watch the big parade. We wouldn't have a chance of even seeing it if it wasn't for them since you can camp out starting at 3pm the night before. I brought them all doughnuts to say thanks. And a big thanks to Hilary who let me sit in her chair for the parade instead of on the ground. It was so much more comfortable with my ever expanding belly.
It was a great parade and Isaac really enjoyed himself. Actually it is the second largest Fourth of July Parade in Utah besides Salt Lake City. There were marching bands, bagpipes, tanks, plenty of military, big balloons, floats and more. The weather was a little bit funny, but I welcomed the rain with open arms for the few minutes that the clouds opened up. It felt really good. I was freakin hot! Even with sunsceen, we both got a little sun. I was secretly hoping that it would rain again by the end of the parade for another cool down. I am sure that others would disagree with me.
Here are some pictures of Isaac's favorite floats that came by. He loved waving to everyone and would get so excited when sirens would go on, cannon's would blast, guns were fired or even when people would throw him candy.






No comments: